2014 — 2015 at Teleradiocompany Odintsovo, JSC
Project role — Solution architect + PM
About the company
Teleradiocompany Odintsovo serves more than 80 000 households in the Odintsovo district of the Moscow region, providing TV using digital and analogue cable broadcasting technologies, the Internet and telephony. The company has the TV studio and channel. It was established as a municipal company in 2000 and transformed into a joint-stock company in 2015.
Between 2014 and 2015, the company needed an automation project to support ongoing changes in business processes.
The ultimate goal of the automation project was to facilitate rapidly changing business processes. The requirements were:
- To support the quick changes of the business processes.
- To provide a clear assignment of responsibility.
- To implement process control via metrics.
The progress and results of the project
In the spring of 2014, the BPM system was chosen. It was the Russian-made BPMS — ELMA-BPM.
The launch took place in 5 months — the following works were carried out during the period from June to October 2014:
- A business analysis had been performed that identified the key processes to be automated.
- A module for fieldwork had been developed. The impact of the fieldwork is on all the stages — an operator on a call had to appoint a date and time for a visit, managers needed to see the available time intervals. Fieldwork planning is not the basic functionality of BPMS, so it was implemented as a module in the system.
- The system had been deployed and the relevant IT staff (system maintainers) had been trained.
- The processes were implemented — onboarding of a new customer, incident management and some auxiliary processes, including their main flows, many branches, all the screen forms and metrics.
- The operating personnel (users) and management training was provided, including the outsourcing contact centre video lessons.
In October 2014, the system became completely operational. Until March 2015, errors and bugs were fixed.