2014 — 2015 at Teleradiocompany Odintsovo, JSC
Project role — Solution architect + PM
About the company
Teleradiocompany Odintsovo serves more than 80 000 households in the Odintsovo district of the Moscow region, providing TV using digital and analogue cable broadcasting technologies, the Internet and telephony. The company owns a TV studio and channel. It was established as a municipal company in 2000 and transformed into a joint-stock company in 2015.
Between 2014 and 2015, the company needed an automation project to support ongoing changes in business processes.
The ultimate goal of the automation project was to facilitate rapidly changing business processes. The requirements were:
- To support the quick changes of the business processes.
- To provide a clear assignment of responsibility.
- To implement process control via metrics.
The progress and results of the project
The launch took place in 5 months — the following works were carried out during the period from June to October 2014:
- The business analysis had been performed, the key processes for automation were identified.
- Business Process Management System (BPMS) had been chosen.
- Fieldwork module had been developed. The impact of the fieldworks on the customer business is great because many of the processes depend on information about available service time windows. Fieldwork planning is not the basic functionality of BPMS, so it was implemented as a module for the system.
- The system had been deployed and the relevant IT staff had been trained.
- The key processes were implemented, including onboarding of a new customer, incident management and some auxiliary processes, too. The screen forms and metrics were developed. Some non-typical paths of the processes were designed and configured in the system.
- The personnel and management staff had been trained, including the outsourcing contact centre. Video lessons were recorded.
In October 2014, the system became completely operational. Until March 2015, errors and bugs were fixed.